Sunday 12 March 2017

REFLECTION


THE INDUSTRY

On reflection, I have learnt many things about how the industry operates. I have learnt that within PR, it is important to have a strong relationship with the brands which you represent in order to be on the same level and project the right image for them. It is also beneficial to have a strong contact database with magazines in order to secure regular features in their magazines. The industry is extremely competitive and in order to get your company noticed you have to have a strong department structure, and this is an area Emslie should improve on.

SKILLS

Unfortunately I didn't learn many skills throughout the internship period, however I did learn new terms within PR such as 'Docket' and 'Alert'. I utilised my skills previously learnt through regularly using indesign and writing blogs for the company.

STRENGTHS

I definitely picked up strengths from the internship such as learning to co operate with characters which I am not use to being around and this definitely opened my eyes to the types of people whom I may come across within the industry. This definitely thickened my skin for when I begin my career path.

CONTRIBUTIONS

I contributed daily to tasks which were needed in order to keep the department structure solid. I curated some interesting blog posts and practiced my layout skills in indesign through the trend reports and presentations I created. I also contributed a positive energy to the work environment.

THE FUTURE

This internship shaped my career ambitions as I learnt that PR is something that does interest me and I believe I will be good at it, I just wish I got the opportunity to learn and grow within the company, so that I could understand the ins and outs of fashion PR more. I would consider another PR internship, with a larger company.





Krystal x

0 comments:

Post a Comment