Saturday 3 December 2016

FASHION REVOLUTION DAY: IT ISN'T JUST ONE DAY




Fashion Revolution
Who made my clothes? Where do they come from?

April 2013, the Rana Plaza building collapsed in Bangladesh. 1,133 people died and 2,500 were injured. Five garment factories were in the Rana Plaza which all produced clothing for the Western market, the majority being young women. That’s when FASHION REVOLUTION was born. Fashion revolution is now a global movement which aims to not only increase awareness but make a change to the way in which our clothes are made.



Now I know that we are all guilty of seeing something, loving it and buying it (whether we need it or not). 
I know that my shopping process is usually..See it, want it, knowing full well that I can't really afford it, try it on, love it more, buy it, wear it once, forget about it, and throw it in on my floor. Now not everything I buy has that tragic ending BUT I am guilty of it happening often. I am also guilty of not knowing where my clothes come from, and who makes my clothes. The things we need to change: Model- We need to rethink how the industry works, we need to rethink the model. Material- The production of clothing and the way we take care of our clothes after we buy them uses up a lot of land, water, energy, chemicals, and produces too much waste. Mindset- We need to love our clothes more. We need to look at them as precious heirlooms and as trusted friends.

OUR CLOTHES SAY A LOT ABOUT US, BUT WE DON'T KNOW A LOT ABOUT OUR CLOTHES.


With Christmas approaching, we all go shopping mad! It's important to still keep in mind that people are still in factories, working to produce the fast fashion we require and we should only buy as much as we need, not as much as we want. Remember the balance between NEED & WANT.




IT IS TIME TO CHANGE THE FASHION INDUSTRY!

-Krystal Rose-


0 comments:

Post a Comment